October 06, 2008

Excited for May 2009

I know it's a long ways away, but there is so much happening in May that I am just way too psyched for. I still have Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and even my birthday to look forward to, but the May line-up is looking much more promising than all of those combined.

First, we have the end of my Spring classes on the 16th. This is pretty sweet on its own and doesn't require much of an explanation as far as I'm concerned.

Second is Anime Central 2009, the 5th largest anime convention in North America, and the best time of my entire life. I have yet to decide what I'm cosplaying as, but I'm going to be sure to have a Japanese school uniform handy for just boppin' around (I LOVE COSPLAY). The ACen mascots are below, spelling out 2009 with their hands (supa-kawaii!).


Third, the operatic stage-adaptation of the 16th century Chinese novel, Journey to the West will be playing at the Spoleto Festival in Charleston, SC on May 22-June 7. It's called Monkey: Journey to the West and is a collaboration between Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett, the same creators who brought us the animated, electronic, monkey-band, Gorillaz (LOOOOVE THEM). Albarn is also the primary song-writer for the band The Good, The Bad, and The Queen (also awesome). I've seen the trailer for the opera, and so far, I'm pretty impressed. Anyone who would like to come along, Lee and I will be making the 13+ hour road-trip as soon as our finals are over and we'd appreciate not only the company, but the extra driving help!

So, as you can see, I can't wait until May. Everything until then is going to feel dull and uneventful; and when it's all over, I'm not sure what I'll have left to look forward to (especially since I'll be pretty damned poor by then). Ah well, I have from now til then to save up, right!

Don't nobody buy me any presents, I'm gonna need the cash!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why everyone hates on you so much on ihateyourfashion.

    A cute short-haired girl with DD's sounds like a cool girl to me. Not to mention your love of anime. And japanese school uniforms. I would pay money to see a girl with dd's in a uniform like that.

    ReplyDelete