August 19, 2008

Chris Thile: Awesome Motherfucker

I really love Chris Thile. Whenever I think of the most talented musician I know of, I think of Chris Thile. His solo albums were fantastic, and his musical career with Nickel Creek was pretty awesome too. Now he's formed a band called Punch Brothers, and seriously you guys? Best fucking thing I've heard in my life. I saw them at Dunegrass recently in Empire, Michigan, and not only do they sound just as good as their album, they sound better. Their album, "Punch," is so full of raw emotion and the lyrics in all the songs leave you wondering why they don't start careers in poetry as well and being the baddest (and youngest?) motherfuckers in bluegrass. When I heard Thile sing, "Tell me why I haven't been healed/I haven't changed and nothing's been revealed," it brought me to tears (which I stealthily hid behind my fist-sized sunglass lenses). You could tell he put his heart and soul into writing his the four-part movement, "The Blind Leaving the Blind."

So yeah, basically, check them out because even if you're a musical elitist that has sworn yourself against folk, bluegrass, or anything that isn't plugged into the wall, you can't help but at least appreciate the insurmountable talent these boys have. Appreciate it and get down on your knees and praise them for it, that is.

http://www.punchbrothers.com/index.php

6 comments:

  1. /signed

    (even though I haven't listened to them all that much)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My email is on my Blogger profile, you imbecile. Be a little more resourceful.

    ReplyDelete